Логин (e-mail)     Пароль     
вспомнить пароль
Логин (e-mail)    
Имя    E-Mail    Пароль   
  регистрация   вход
АФИША НОВОСТИ СТАТЬИ РЕЛИЗЫ ОБЗОРЫ БИОГРАФИИ ТЕКСТЫ ПЕСЕН ФОТО МИКСЫ ДИДЖЕИ ТАНЦЫ РУССКИЙ РНБ РУССКИЙ РЭП ФОРУМ

RnB-Music.ru форумы > Музыка > Зарубежный R&B

Страница 1 из 2

Nate James

vampirOs

vampirOs

2 марта 2008 года

Новая звезда британской соул-музыки Нэйт Джеймс внешне похож на молодого Стиви Уандера: так же симпатичен, волосат и небрит. Что касается музыки, то и здесь у них есть общее пристрастие — фанк.

Нэйт Джеймс появился на звездном небосклоне Британии сравнительно недавно, зато сходу громко о себе заявил. Его первый альбом Set The Tone сразу после выхода выбился в лидеры продаж среди R’N’B-артистов, а самого музыканта в прошлом году отметили критики престижной «черной» премии MOBO Awards.

Своими учителями Нэйт называет Jamiroquai, Принса, Лени Кравитца и упомянутого уже Стиви Уандера. Слушая его дебютный альбом, надо признать: уроки этот юноша усвоил успешно. Его музыка сделана в лучших традициях фанка, переполнена ритм-энд-блюзовыми интонациями, но в то же время не перегружена особенными изысками.

Тембр голоса у Нэйта хоть и позиционируется в пресс-релизах как нечто уникальное, оставляет впечатление легкого дежавю. На что это может быть похоже? Наверное, на «облегченную» версию того же Jamiroquai, Принса, Ленни Кравитца и, куда же без него, Стиви Уандера. Впрочем, это ничуть не уменьшает очарование альбома. Все-таки Нэйт выбрал не худшие ориентиры.

---

SOME FROM OFFICIAL SITE

In three amazing years since he sprung to the critics attention with his debut Set The Tone, Nate James has risen to become one of the most successful independent recording artists around the world. In November 2007 he was crowned Best Soul artist at the Kickers Urban Music Awards, following on from his Italian Festivalbar award for Best International act in 2006. His second album Kingdom Falls was also nominated at the UMAs for Best Album. Nate's live following continues to grow with a headline gig at Indigo O2 and a sell out show for Switzerland's AVO Sessions in Basel cementing his reputation at the end of 2007. In early 2008 he will perform his first live shows in the USA and hopes to add another continent to his global success story. With massive airplay hits in Europe & Japan including Universal (Top 3 Japan), The Message (Top 5 Europe), Justify Me (Top 10 Europe), Back To You (Top 20 Europe & Japan) & Music (duet with Paolo Meneguzzi - Top 10 Italy) Nate James has sold 200,000 albums and appeared on over 500,000 compilations in the last two years.

Aside from the gratification of performing his self-written songs to the masses, Nate James can also be proud that he has done things the hard way by staying independent and keeping ownership of his recording masters. His self-funded Frofunk label has teamed up with various record companies around the world to release his albums in each territory. It might not be the overnight success story that we're used to in this American Idol era but with two successful and critically acclaimed albums under his belt and a global presence that stands him apart from most British artists Nate certainly isn't complaining. As the music industry develops, authenticity & longeviety are the keys to real success.

On it's release in 2007 sophomore album Kingdom Falls was described by critics, in turn, as 'fantastic','glorious', 'a masterpiece' as well as 'lush & masterful'. Featuring live orchestral arrangements paired with modern beats and Nate's 'honey-lovely' vocals, the new songs such as Choke and Outta My Head were already well knows by the live devotees. Debut album Set The Tone with it's live band funk sound, had been heavily influenced by the classic soul artists Marvin Gaye and Stevie Wonder and helped earn Nate two MOBO nominations in 2005 for Best Newcomer and Best R&B Artist and another nomination for Best UK Male in 2006.

In between the the two albums Nate released the 4 Track Funkdefining EP (including a 5th bonus track on iTunes), colaborating with some of the best producers in the UK including Mark Hill, Johnny Douglas, Danny .S. & Don-E. The title track to the EP, Funkdefining, was later featured in the Hollywood movie Run Fatboy Run produced by David Schwimmer. Another track on the EP See You 'Round, co written with Colin Emmanuel, featured the Liverpool Session Orchestra who would subsequently take up such an important role on the Kingdom Falls album.

Nate James, originally from Woodbridge in Suffolk, has toured around the world - headlining festivals and gigs outside the UK in Italy, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Poland, France & Japan... he has toured with and supported some of the biggest names in the business - from starting out on the same London showcase circuit as future stars Amy Winehouse, Corrine Bailey Rae and John Legend to being asked to perform alongside the likes of Simply Red, Katie Melua, Musiq Soulchild, Alexander O'Neil, Omar, Incognito, M People, Beverley Knight, Nizlopi & Natasha Beddingfield.

In 2008 Nate James will be taking his unique blend of soul & funk to the USA and beyond. Watch this space...

---

ABOUT - "SET THE TONE"

It’s really good to see funk music still progressing and keeping the spirit of that era alive and well. Nate James is cool customer from East Anglia, England, would you believe it, as I thought he must be American. He does have an American sound however he really emulates the spirit of Omar which has got to be a good thing. I really liked ‘Set The Tone’ its got serious attitude and conviction. James has got a great voice that suits funk, soul music really well. The music is really classy, tight, funky and infectious. It does remind me

of that uk urban soul sound of the 90’s and could fit in at a dance, cool party or certainly be good for driving. ‘Pretend’ also on this single shows James’ range that is well delivered, sensitive and inspirational. By my reckoning Nate James is a class act with a career with longevity I hope. It’s clear he knows what he likes and he portrays a realness that can only come from a serious and well learned artist. Respect!

---

& WATCH SOME VIDEOS

Nate James - Kingdom Falls

Nate James - Back To You

Nate James - The Message

Nate James - Pretend

Nate James - Justify Me

Nate James - Universal

Nate James - Set The Tone

---

p.s. позже я залью вам альбом 2006 года.. "Set The Tone"

~Mozart~

~Mozart~

2 марта 2008 года

заинтриговал) видео не смотрел,но как зальешь альбом - тут же скачаю) жду) спасибо)

vampirOs

vampirOs

2 марта 2008 года

ого.. дык еще кто-то заинтересован Нэйтом..
это радует )))
а чиво видео не смотрел.. очень даже неплохие.. главное разные..
вот альбом уже заливаеться..
от себя скажу что очень нравиться энтот соул певец.. сильный парнишка..
и оба альбома которые я слушал меня уш точно потрясли..
очень много стоящий музыки.. и слушать его одно удовольствие.

Vadi

Vadi

2 марта 2008 года

ждем альбом)

~Mozart~

~Mozart~

2 марта 2008 года

оба? у него два?

vampirOs

vampirOs

2 марта 2008 года

Исходное сообщение добавлено ~Mozart~
оба? у него два?

да.. я когда-то заливал.. щас дам свои ссылки..

NATE JAMES - KINGDOM FALLS [2007]

Tracklist:

01. Outta My Head
02. You Got It Wrong (Interlude)
03. High Times
04. Ruminate (Part I)
05. Kingdom Falls
06. Back To You
07. Choke
08. Wonderland
09. Ruminate (Part II)
10. SMF
11. Thinking 'bout You
12. Just Say Yes
13. LA Dreamin'
14. THERAPY
15. Ruminate (Part III)

ZSHARE
IFOLDER

VaZ

VaZ

2 марта 2008 года

крутой парень, голос, песни, тексты очень красивые.
тоже узнал его благодаря Вампи, качайте, не пожалеете)

любимый трэк Outta My Head

~Mozart~

~Mozart~

2 марта 2008 года

спасибо большое,качаю) жду еще первого)

~Mozart~

~Mozart~

2 марта 2008 года

Уууууу,вот это музыка,воот это песни,вот это да) Спасибо большое,парень молодец)

vampirOs

vampirOs

2 марта 2008 года

ахахах.. энджой )))

NATE JAMES - SET THE TONE [2006] [MY CD RIP] [320KBPS]

SENDSPACE
ZSHARE
IFOLDER

~Mozart~

~Mozart~

2 марта 2008 года

и за это благодарю) все,теперь есть что слушать

vampirOs

vampirOs

2 марта 2008 года

ждем отчета)

Vita

Vita

2 марта 2008 года

только два у него,да ведь?больше нет вапще ничо?

ganapati

ganapati

2 марта 2008 года

Я его по телику вижу иногда....

~Mozart~

~Mozart~

2 марта 2008 года

Justify Me - это шедевр,это гениально!в обоих вариантах причем

Следующая страница

12 > >>

Чтобы оставлять ответы и создавать новые темы необходимо выполнить вход на сайт или зарегистрироватсья.

ПОИСК

Музыка

Зарубежный R&B
Русский R&B
Rap / Hip-Hop
Dancehall, Ragga, Dub, Reggaeton
Другая музыка

Поиск и обмен

Альбомы
Видео
Синглы и отдельные трэки
Личные коллекции